"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Music for My Soul


Happy Mother’s Day! I hope everyone had a wonderful day. I did! My best friend is home and tomorrow we are taking our first ever road trip together. Yes, I know we’re a bit of late bloomers but this is the first opportunity we have and we’re taking it. I’ll try and keep this blog going as we’re on the road for a week.
            Now that you’ve been updated on my goings let’s talk about something else. It’s actually pretty funny as I never know what I am going to say when I start these things. I tend to just type. Sometimes it’s the best.
            Quite often people ask me, “Why do you write?” and I tend to answer, “Why do you breath?” “Well, I have too of course.” “Well, so do I.” To me writing is like breathing. It comes out automatically because it is vital for my survival. Maybe that’s going a bit overboard, but in the end that is how I feel. I don’t know what I would do without writing. It is the outlet for my crazy thoughts. It is the music that puts my soul to rest. It is the greatest gift God has given me. Sure I’m a singer, photographer, and an artist. But no matter how many weddings I do, or how much that’s a part of me, I still come back and write about it. I miss my photography sessions. I can’t wait till May 17th and the wedding of my new friends! I get to be a part of that and do their pictures in this beautiful castle like place (www.valialindphotography.com if you’re interested). Yet, even at the end of all those days, I write. John Jakes once said,"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." At the end of the day, that’s what I do.

No comments:

Flickr