"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Looking...

Well, today was another one of those days. You know the day when everything is going so well and then BAAM! Something happens. Now, let me ask you a question and please raise your hand: Have you ever made a mistake? Look at that, I bet there are hands going up all over the world. Now why do you think that is? Why do we make mistakes? Is it because we are programmed for that inevitable, or is it because we have no self control? Controlling oneself may be the part that keeps us from falling, and yet sometimes that is not enough. Don’t we all strive to be better individuals? Don’t we all want to be the perfect person? While God is there to help us find the right path in life, we sometimes simply forget to look to His leading.
            I want to be a better Christian. That’s just it. I don’t ever want to get to busy for God. There are so many different decisions that I must make in my life, and I do not want to make a mistake. I only have one life to live, and I want that life to be spent to live for Him. My best friend told me today, “Get totally lost in God.” Yet, that often seems to be the problem. It’s the getting lost part that we, I, struggle with so much. Our lives seem to be so busy, filled with so much, that we forget to make the time for the One who gave us life. So today I am making a commitment. I am sharing this with everyone because I want you to know how important it is to have Jesus in your life. Through every crazy, stressful, trying time that I have ever had, He’s been there. And I want to give something back. I hope this is an encouragement to all those out there that struggle some days with being who they ought to be. Please remember, as I must do, He’s there to see you through! :)

2 comments:

Just said...

Don't worry too much. We all learn by making mistakes.

Amber M. said...

Those are very encouraging words! God has always been with me through all my ups and downs. I would not be where I am, and I would not be who I am without Him. With God, all things are possible!

Flickr