"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, May 7, 2010

High sounding words...

Did you know that today was Teacher Appreciation Day? Neither did I until this morning. Do you know how I found out? My manager brought me a red rose even thought I’m not teaching at the moment! How amazingly sweet is that? People really do amaze me sometimes.
Today is also 170th birthday of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Shout out to my Russian heritage! Brilliant man with a lot of problems.
So, surprisingly I have nothing to say tonight. In letter to John Adams (1774) Abigail Adams said, “We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond them.” I will leave you with a thought, or two. Remember, actions speak louder than words. Even though we need words, we need actions just the same. Have a wonderful weekend and make somebody else’s day brighter!
 And this is my beautiful flower on the table in the break room! Wouldn't that make you smile at 7 am? :)

1 comment:

sinemaspot said...

oh wish id seen this on 7th. i could have wished my favourite teacher

Flickr