"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Apologies…

            Let me start of by saying that I am so sorry for slacking. It has been crazy busy with the trip and wedding, that I have been forgetting to update my blog. As you see I have started to post videos to keep everyone updated as promised. It’s a weird experience for me because I’ve never tried that before but there you go. I had to create a youtube channel in order to post because my blogger wouldn’t allow it for some reason. So I ask everyone to please subscribe to my youtube channel as well. The more networking I do the better.
            Well, as you can see from my videos the trip was a blast! There are still a few to edit and post so keep checking back. Over all it was an amazing trip. We had the opportunity to see all of our friends and have the adventure we planned for. Then, May 17th was the long awaited wedding. Every time I’m a photographer for a wedding I feel so absolutely privileged to be part of such an event. It still amazes me that these people would allow me to be part of their special day. Some couples I know, and some I don’t. But every time these families just swallow me up and make me part of the whole celebration. As exhausting as it is, I always walk away with a sense of accomplishment and gratitude. I mean, its their wedding day, why would they care if the photographer ate anything that day? Granted, they don’t want the person who supposed to be documenting their day fainting, but its always more than that. I walk away with having more friends. And that is a lesson all in itself. No matter what we do, where we go, we should take the time to care about the people around us. Someone once said, “Friends are stars that make your life sparkle.” Wouldn’t you like to be a “sparkle” in someone else’s life?

No comments:

Flickr