"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday: Best Book I've Read in September

Hello lovelies, 
So I decided to participate in this weeks theme over at YA Highway. I really do love these Road Trip Wednesdays. Just a quick note or two and I feel like I'm blogging more often. (No, this is not cheating). 
Anyway, on to the topic for today: Best Book You've Read in September.
For me, it's a book I just finished and it's called Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger. 
Road Trip Song of the Week: Bullet by Jesse James (Click the link. Do it)
First of all, look at that cover. No, seriously, look at it. Isn't it gorgeous? I just love how different it is from the frontal close up that's been going around for a while now. Not that I don't adore those covers either, I do, but this one just took my breath away a little. 

Second of all, read the synopsis. Go ahead, I'll wait. 

Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.


When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra’s forced to help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim—the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock the memory Audra needs him to forget. And their greatest danger is not the warriors coming to destroy them—but the forbidden romance that’s grown between them.


Now take a breath. Or two. It really is as awesome as it sounds. I'll be doing a full blown review within a week, so please come back and gush over the characters with me. 
I'm sad to report that this book is not out until March of 2013, but you MUST add it to your TBR list anyway. You won't be disappointed. Scouts honor (or something). 

What's the best book you've read in September?

Much love, 
Valia 

13 comments:

Katy Upperman said...

Ooh! I'm envious that you've already read this one! I've been intrigued by it since I read the blurb ages ago... Love the cover too! And now, thanks to your comments, I REALLY want to read it!

Rachael said...

I'm so jealous that you got to read it! The cover has been catching my attention for awhile now and I think I'm going to add it to my 2013 watchlist (if it's not on there already)!

Juliana Haygert said...

How did you get your hands on that one? I WANT TO READ IT NOW! LOL
Oh, yeah, that cover is great!! ;)

Unknown said...

This sounds glorious. Now I have something to look forward to this March. :)

Jaime Morrow said...

This is definitely on my TBR list, and I'm really envious that you got to read it already! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. :)

Mrs. Silverstein said...

Sounds good, actually. I'm not always keen on weird spirity things (fallen angels, fairies, etc.) but this sounds a little more original. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

Laurie Dennison said...

That's an advance-advance copy! How did you get that one? It sounds really cool.

beck nicholas said...

Awww am so jealous. talk about having to wait for ages!! You lucky thing.

Colin Smith said...

That is a nice cover. I'm not sure the story is exactly my cuppa tea--I'm *very* picky when it comes to romance. But you're right about that cover. :)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

I must be the only one glad that this doesn't release right away--gives me time to catch up on some other TBRs. Like the majillion that I've added from these RTWs.

Shannon Messenger said...

Oh wow! This just made my day. So glad you loved LET THE SKY FALL. <3!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cover! This book sounds interesting. :)

Nickie said...

So Audra's like a tornado spirit? Very cool idea, I don't think I've seen anything around that's similar. I'll have to check this one out.

Flickr