"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Little Things: Breakfast & Writing

   Hello lovelies,

   Well, it's April. Do you know what that means? It means that I am deep in my writing cave, trying to finish up secret things, so that I can share them with you. If you've been following me for any length of time, you'd know that I get a little forgetful when I write. And one of the main things I forget is eating.

   I know, I know. This is not a healthy habit to have. Sometimes, it's just hard for me to walk away when I'm in the middle of a flow and when I finally think about eating, it's been a day. Anyway, I'm trying to do better. Really. I am.

   Here's where breakfast comes in. You see, I love breakfast foods. I just don't love breakfast. I'm not a morning person, so actually getting up and making myself something to eat in the morning is a serious chore. But, I do need more than just coffee in my life, so today, I woke up and I made myself some breakfast.
   And I have pictures as proof!

   Basically, I decided to treat myself a little better and that means being better about taking care of my body.
   I liked oatmeal when I was younger, then I didn't, but now, I'm learning to love it again. It's the best kind of a breakfast because it's fast and it gives you the right amount of energy.
  So below is my 3 minute breakfast! In pictures. Enjoy!

Oatmeal is great and you don't have to eat a lot of it.
I love milk in my oatmeal. I know some people prefer water. I also decided to add some Raspberry Jam to my meal. Good choice. 


While my breakfast was in the microwave, I took my dog outside and found some blooming roses in the backyard. How pretty are these? 
So obviously, I had to make my breakfast table all pretty and bring some flowers inside :)
What is breakfast without coffee? 

Yum!
My puppy decided to get in on all the pictures :) 
   I know this may not seem like a big deal to you, but to me it is. I had breakfast! At breakfast! And it was delicious and nutritious.
   I'm going to start posting more pictures on my blog that have to do with my every day life. I've missed photography and this is a good reminder to take pictures. I'll call this little feature "The Little Things" because I think we all need to take more time to appreciate the little things in our lives.

   What do you think? What kind of things would you like to see on my blog (besides all the writing)? Any favorite breakfast foods you'd like to share with me? 

   Much love,

   Valia

No comments:

Flickr