"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One book, two book, red book, blue book...

Title courtesy of Dr. Seuss
          December. How I love thee? There is just something about knowing that Christmas is this month. The winter month. The month of snow, hot chocolate, and candy canes. The month of sitting by a fireplace with a good book (Simplicity-ha, I had to), snuggled under a blanket, with soft Christmas carols playing in the background. 
It has taken me seven days before I can rave about December because, sadly and very painfully, I’ve been sick. Actually, still am sick, but fighting through it. At least I am now mobile. :)


Now, it is December 7th. A book birthday to a few books I’ve been waiting for. First of all, Happy Book Birthday to Richelle Mead and Last Sacrifice! This series is a must read, so if you’ve never read Vampire Academy series, you really should. Just saying...
Lying Game by Sara Shepard
(Come on, admit it. How many of you watch Pretty Little Liars? )


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
(I’ve heard wonders about this book. I know technically it was published on Dec. 2, but not where I'm at :)


Entice by Carrie Jones
Honestly, I know I’m missing a few but I have to stop here and tell you some other awesome news. Well, awesome to me. Recently, I’ve won three books on my TBR list. 



Firelight by Sophie Jordan
(Thanks to Good Choice Reading. Take a look at their blog. Its beautiful!)


Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens
(Thanks to Jennifer! :)

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
(Thanks to Goodread.com This one came in the mail today. So excited!!)
Yay me! I love cover art and that is why I take the time to post pictures of the book I'm reading. I've notice a lot of you buy books based on the cover, so here ya go, some love for these beautiful books. One problem though, its becoming harder and harder to work on my book when all I want to do is read. I’ve been engrossed in the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa! Starting the Iron Queen today, but hopefully will have the will power to stop and write. 
Since I’ve been sick the writing has been minimal. I miss it like the desert misses the rain, or Pluto misses being a planet. :) But I’ve been outlining on random pieces of paper all day! Cant wait to put it all together. 
I also decided to share my playlist for Simplicity with ya’ll. I posted the first song on twitter today. “Never Alone” by BarlowGirl. Keep checking my twitter for daily updates. I’ll compile a list at the end and post it on the blog (maybe even with a little music). 
Well, I’m off to writer-land. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Read a book, it’ll make your day brighter!
Much love,
Valia

No comments:

Flickr