"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sad endings and Happy beginnings

2010
You have been a good year. There is so much you have showed me. So much you have taught me. I’ve had happy days. I’ve had sad days. I’ve had busy days. I’ve had not as busy days. I’ve laughed. I’ve cried. I’ve created. I’ve destroyed. I’ve met people who have become important in my life. I’ve rediscovered friends who’ve been there all along. I’ve learned. I’ve taught. I’ve been blessed.
There is something about saying goodbye to a year. You never realize how fast time truly flies until one door is shutting. This time in 2009 I was babysitting two little girls with my best friend. At midnight, we watched the ball drop in NY and then went out back and lit sparklers. We wrote out “2010” in the air and took pictures of it with my camera. 
No, this is not my own work. New computer - misplaced files :)

I cannot believe its been a year since then. Even though 2010 is over, the memories I’ll carry with me are those I will forever be thankful for.
2011
You are going to be a good year. I can see it now. I’m not big into new years resolutions but I will make one this year. This year I will be better. At being a Christian, at being a friend, at being a writer, at being a human being. I will work. I will create. I will laugh. I will cry. I will be happy. I will be sad. I will learn. I will teach. And in the end, I will always be blessed. 
God is giving me the gift of being part of another year. I will not waste it. 
My dear readers, its been an honor having you part of my journey in 2010. I hope you will continue these travels with me in 2011. 
Much love, 
Valia

No comments:

Flickr