"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 9, 2014

4 Days and Counting!!!!

   Hello lovelies,

   So, I felt like blogging today. I know, shocker right?


   As you can tell by the title of this blog, I'm counting the days till EDGE OF FALLING hits the retailers everywhere. Am I nervous? YES. Am I excited? DOUBLE YES. Am I more nervous than excited? TRIPLE YES.

   Which is okay. It's normal. I don't think that fear will ever actually go away.


   I mean, you work your heart out, writing these characters, telling their stories and then, poof. They're out in the world, they're telling their own story and people will like it and people will hate it.

   That's the thing about being an author, you have to write for yourself. If you write your stories from the heart, if you tell them like your characters want you to tell them, then you'll be satisfied.

   I loved getting to know Chance and Dakota better in this book. I loved seeing them grow as individuals, learn what it means to be an adult, learn what it means to be there for each other. I don't know if people will love their story as much as I loved writing it. I can't predict the skies opening up and the sunshine of love and appreciation raining down on me and my books (Well, I can predict sunshine. It's Arizona after all).  But what I can predict is the sense of satisfaction.

   Yes, I wrote this book for my readers. But I also wrote this book for myself and for Chance and Dakota. And if I know anything, I know they would be very proud of the way I told their story.

   So, will I continue to freak out? OH MOST DEFINITELY. But that's alright. It's just part of the process.

   And don't worry, even with all the freaking out, I will keep writing. If you keep buying my books. I know there's a bunch of controversy going on about Amazon and such, but I hope that you will still buy my books. I really really would LOVE to keep writing them for you :) You have been such an amazing support so far and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it!

   Much love,

   Valia
 
   P.S. Add EDGE OF FALLING on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22674926-edge-of-falling

No comments:

Flickr