"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Spotlight: Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.


From Goodreads.com

     In the second book of the Lunar Chronicles, we meet Scarlet. She's a hardworking and loyal young lady, set in her ways. When her grandmother is kidnapped, Scarlet goes against everything everyone tells her and determines to do whatever it takes to get her back. When her path intersects with Wolf, a mysterious street fighter, she must decide if she can trust him to help her in her quest. On the other side of the things is Cinder. Imprisoned, she works her way out of her predicament and sets off on a journey of her own. Scarlet is an adventure like no other. 
     Honestly, I had no idea what to think of this book. I LOVED Cinder to pieces and I mean LOVED. I had no idea what to expect from the first book and the same was true for book two. Let me be honest and say, IT BLEW ME AWAY. 
Seriously, prepare yourself for a lot of feels. 

     Scarlet is an amazing character. I loved seeing her come alive on the pages. Her attitude, her strong convictions, the fact that she won't give up on her family are all characteristics of a great person. I had so much fun following her story. Then there's Wolf. Who would've thought you can get swoonie over him, but HOLY MOLY did I ever?! I loved the different perspective on his character. His tortured soul and protective instincts will make all girls go "awww". Together, these two, complement each other in a way that is refreshing. Honestly, I had no idea what I was going to think reading about them, but I definitely didn't expect to read all of 464 pages in one day. 

     On the other side of the story is Cinder and her journey. I was very interested to see just how Marissa will write these two characters into the same book and I wasn't disappointed. I loved seeing Cinder and her strong spirit and her journey. (Also, need more prince Kai). I'm really excited to see what happens next because OMW the ending is AHH!!! 

     Marissa's writing is excellent, her characters outstanding, and her storytelling fabulous. Seriously, I had no idea how something like Cinder or Scarlet could exist, but now I can't imagine it NOT! I've read the reviews on goodreads and can now join the rank and say, SCARLET IS EVEN BETTER THAN CINDER.  I cannot tell you how excited I am for what's to come. I'm sure Marissa is going to crush our little fangirl (or boy) hearts, but I'm looking forward to it! :-)
     Scarlet comes out February 5, 2013. Get it, read it, love it!

     Happy reading, 

     Valia 

No comments:

Flickr