"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Five: It's Update Time!

Hello lovelies,

Can I honestly say that I never know what to talk about here? Seriously, I'm probably the worst blogger out there. My mind has been a little jumbled lately, considering I've been working on edits of every kind for the past few weeks. 
So let's talk some updates:

1. Last saturday, I went to YAllapalooza and met some awesome people. I adore book events. Even as tired as I was after full night of work, I'm glad I made it. If you guys have never been to a book signing or an event, MAKE TIME. It's worth it. :)
Suzanne Young and Shannon Messenger :-D
2. You know how I have that NaNoWriMo project? How I've been working on revisions for that? Well, last night (or more accurately this morning) I finished. This is revisions number--I'm not exactly sure actually. I've rewritten parts of that book and deleted chapters and just went crazy too many times to count. But GUYS, it is finished! And pretty. And off to make my CP nuts (probably). 

3. So, today is February 1st (in case you guys missed that). I looked on my goodreads page and realized I read 12 books last month. WHAT? I'm not exactly sure how I managed that. Seriously, NO idea. But here's a few I will recommend without a shadow of a doubt. My review for Scarlet is up and you can see all the all there. The review for The Nightmare Affair will be up closer to the release date, but guys, you NEED this book (there's a small review up on goodreads. It's full of fangirling). 
4. A week from today, I'll be going to California and I CANNOT WAIT!!! My bestie and I are taking a weekend trip for my birthday and I just wanted to let everyone know because there will be pictures and lots of pictures during that time. Just FYI! :)

5. Last but definitely not least (this has nothing to do with writing or reading) but I started walking every morning and I'm loving it!!! If you've been following me for any length of time, you know I'm not a morning person. But since I get off work at 7AM, I decided to get home and do some walking (and sometimes running). I love it! Clears the mind and keeps me moving. Also, I get to see things like sunrises :) 
 Well, that is all for me! What's going on in your life, beautiful people? I'd love to hear all about it!

Much love, 

Valia 

No comments:

Flickr