"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 29, 2012

Book Spotlight: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton

Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.

From goodreads.com


This is book three, so there might be tiny spoilers, but I'll do my best.

I can’t believe I’m writing a review for the last book in the Angelfire series. I have the most bittersweet feelings about this. If you’ve been following me for a while you know my love for Courtney’s writing and these particular characters. 
Shadows in the Silence picks up where Wings of the Wicked left off. If you’ve read my review of Wings of the Wicked you know how many feels I had for that book. There was SO MUCH going on. It broke my heart, it really did. Ellie is on a mission to find a cure for Will and she goes to one person she knows will be able to help, Cadan. Ellie will stop at nothing to save the one she loves, even dealing with forces of the evil. But is Cadan really evil? In order to save the world, Ellie will have to push herself beyond anything she could’ve imagined. Is she strong enough? 
Guys, I don’t even know where to start. I’m so conflicted about this review because I want to say so much but at the same time I can’t. 
I loved this book to pieces. Ellie stands as one of my favorite heroines in young adult literature right now. She’s strong and fierce. Real and emotional. She’s every girl and yet she’s not. I think Courtney created a persona that inspires and really pushes you beyond the norm. 
Will. *le sigh* I can’t even talk about this boy without swooning. He’s everything a girl needs. Strong, capable, a hopeless romantic. I just want to hug him to pieces. I loved watching Ellie and Will together, their relationship so sweet and real. They are so not your typical YA couple. You should’ve heard Courtney and I discuss this particular topic *snickers*

I have the utmost love for this series and these characters. I adored Cadan, Katie, Marcus and every other character Courtney penned on that paper. Seriously, it’s hard to pick just one thing that I enjoyed about this series. I can’t wait to see what Courtney will come up with next. I recommend these books to anyone who loves good writing coupled with a strong breathtaking romance and action that keeps you on the corner of your seat. You did well Courtney, you did well! 
Shadows in the Silence comes out January 29th, 2013. 

Happy reading, 
Valia 

No comments:

Flickr