"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inspiration

I met the most adorable twelve year old girl on Sunday. As I was walking into a room I heard “Here she comes!” I looked up and saw a little girl starring at me as I was the most coveted piece of candy she has ever laid her eyes on. One of the gentlemen in the church brought me over and introduced me to her. She’s been reading my book and is absolutely in love with the story and the characters. I shook her hand and asked her name. She couldn’t take her eyes off me! That was my first experience with a “fan” 
I was talking to one of my favorite authors today (Susan M.) and I asked her if you ever get over that ‘awe’. Her words to me were “I don't think you ever get over the pleasure of connecting with readers & favorite authors.” No matter how much I write, or how busy I become, I always want to have that connection with my readers. I’ve met individuals who are in charge of a particular part of a company and they are ‘too busy’ to spend some time with people around them, answering questions or just sharing a smile. My challenge to you is to share you’re words with someone this week! When someone asks you a question, don’t be too busy to answer. We all learn from each other, and personally I think we all need to learn a little bit more every day.

On the other hand, my “Wall of Inspiration” is growing. I’m toying with the idea of letting my dear readers take part in it. If you’re interested in taking part in it, let me know and we’ll work something out! (for right now) Eventually I will figure out a contest or something.



Charles F. Kettering once said,
“People are very open-minded about new things -- as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
Smile!

No comments:

Flickr