"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 19, 2010

But words are things...

...and a small drop of ink,Falling, like dew, upon a thought, producesThat which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. - Lord Byron

Words are power. Words are tools. Words can make or break.

Being a writer is such an amazing privilege. I never imagined that I would be able to write. I know everyone writes, but not everyone has the privilege of being heard. We live in a free country, and the rights given to us by our Constitution are beyond compare. Yet, having English as a second language can be a barrier not easily overcome. However, as of February 10, 2010 I am a published writer. My first book "Simplicity" is now on amazon.com!

Every time I open that page, I stare! That’s my book. Those are my words! It took me almost two years to finish it, and now it is done. But publishing a book is not the end; it is the beginning. Now, comes a long road of promoting and selling. This is partly why I am starting this blog. I will take the time to discuss my books, book signings, contests, and other book related things here. But I will also take the time to share my thoughts and ideas with you. Writing is a freedom not to be taken lightly.

I am a writer. I write.

No comments:

Flickr