"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, December 30, 2013

Saying Goodbye to 2013...

Hello lovelies, 

I know, I know. There are so many of these posts right now, you might not even read this one. I don't want to overwhelm you or anything, so if you don't want to read it, then don't. But this blog is a part of my journey, and while I haven't been quite as good at keeping you all updated as I wanted to, you're still part of that journey and you still get to hear all about it. 

There are so many things I can say about 2013

There were ups and downs. There was laughter and tears. There was hard work and lazy days. There was writing and reading. 

Every year brings with it new experiences and new expectations. I have a few of those for 2014, but you'll just have to wait to hear about them later. I have big plans and announcements and so much hard work ahead of me, but it's all part of the process. Just like 2013 was. There are a few things I learned and a few things I want to share with you now. 

2013 taught me that God is always on my side, He is always faithful, even when I start to forget that. His promises are new every morning, and while sometimes I get so busy I forget to look up, I know that He is always looking down. 

2013 taught me that sometimes you need to laugh, even when you feel like crying. Heartbreak and heartache are part of our lives. That is something you will never escape. But you can't live in the pits of sadness, you have to get up and climb that mountain every day. They say laughter is the best medicine, and sometimes that's the first step to overcoming your obstacles. 

2013 taught me that it's okay to cry if you're sad, even though you really don't want to. Just as laughter is part of our lives, so is sadness and frustration and anger. Sometimes you want to stay strong, refuse to show weakness, refuse to let yourself feel. But sometimes, it's okay to cry. It's okay to let yourself be human and feel. And after all of that, it's okay to be you. 

2013 taught me that I am surrounded by the most amazing people, even when they're not right next to me. I have been so truly blessed with amazing friends, family, and book family. There are no words to express the gratitude I have for each and every person who cheers me on and keeps me smiling along the way. I am truly blessed. 

2013 taught me that while dreaming big and working hard doesn't pay off right away, giving up is not an option. I know that one day all of my hard work and sacrifices will find their rightful reward. I truly believe that everyone has a place in this life and when we find what makes us happy, we need to hold on to that with all of our might. It's never easy, it's will bring you frustration and tears, but in the end, working toward your dreams and goals is the best most amazing reward in life. 

As I say goodbye to 2013, I say goodbye to another year God has given me and I am forever thankful for all the lessons it has brought my way. 

I know 2014 is going to be a thrilling, crazy, frustrating, hard, maddening year filled with hard work and disappointments and love and family and friends and books and writing. Because all of those little things are what life is made of. We need to embrace it and decide today, right now, that next year is going to be a great year. 

This year, dream big. Love with your whole heart. Take a few chances. Sing in the rain. Smile at strangers. Just whatever you do, make sure to embrace life and thank the One who gave it to you. 

I'm excited to see what's in store for me! And you should be too, because I have things to share with you. Soon and very soon! 


Because I couldn't resist :)


Much love, 

Valia 

1 comment:

Brandon Ax said...

Can't wait to see what you share. Hope you have an amazing new year.

Flickr