"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Spotlight: Switched by Cassie Mae

Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all. 


From Goodreads.com

This book was so adorable. So many feels.

So now that I've had a few days to think about this book and how I want to review it, I think I'm ready. Maybe. Possibly.

Okay, here it goes.

Guys, I READ THIS BOOK IN ONE SITTING.

That right there should say a lot about it. I don't have the luxury of just sitting down and reading a book in one sitting. Especially when those books are 500 pages long and I have things to do. Also, I haven't been reading much of just plain romance stories. But Switched really captured my heart in a quick and fun way, making me just devour the pages. This is definitely what I look for in an adorable romance read.

This book starts out with a mess. Kayla loves Talon. Wesley loves Reagan. Talon and Reagan love each other. Oh noes. Best friends in love with their best friend's significant other? Yeah, that doesn't seem like a recipe for disaster. So Kayla and Wesley devise a plan and that's when all the fun begins.

From the very beginning pages, I kind of really wanted to slap both Kayla and Wesley. Of course, in a loving way. Man, guys! Way to be little crying babies. I really do understand the anguish of wanting something you can't have, which one of us doesn't, and I think that's why I instantly connected with these two. Even as their little cry fest made me a little crazy.

All of the characters in this book are just so relatable, I wanted to hug them all. Really, by relatable I mean annoying, fun, horrible at decision making, and complete dorks. Come on guys, we've all been there. Kayla is definitely a crazy one and her friendship and scheme making with Wesley had me laughing out loud a number of times. Sure, they were a bit immature for their age at time, but who isn't when love is involved. Also, no matter how swoon worthy Talon was, I was a Wesley girl from the beginning. He's like that adorable boy next door who steals your heart when you aren't looking.

The dynamics between all the characters were fun, the interactions realistic, and the love story all kinds of sweet. Can you tell I'm just gushing over here? I just can't get over how adorable this book was! I was smiling while reading it for pretty much a large portion of the time. Seriously, if you're looking for a light and fluffy romantic comedy, Switched has all the makings!

(Awe Wesley)

Moving on. Seriously. Go read this book :)


Happy reading, 

Valia 

No comments:

Flickr