"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's Camp NaNoWriMo & other frivolous undertakings of summer.

Hello lovelies, 

So today is brought to you by hectic list making, non stop outfit rearranging, and trying to stuff a bunch of clothes into one suitcase. Does anyone else out there dislike packing? 
Ok good. It's not just me. 
But the pains of packing do bring with them one awesome truth: it's VACATION TIME!!!!! 

If you follow me on twitter, you know how much I need a vacation. I think my tweets have become complain-y (sorry about that). Anyway, in the midst of all the chaos (because seriously, chaos is the most accurate word describing my room right now) I realized it's July 2nd. Where in the world did June go? 
The main reason why I slightly panicked at the fact that its day two of July is because I'm supposed to be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo. My goal is 50,000 words before the end of the month. Which means I'm supposed to be writing almost 1700 words a day. Oops and double oops. Did I mention the fact that I forgot it was July? 
Seriously though, I'm determined to get this done. The book I'm writing right now is fun and different and I love it to pieces. But with a week long vacation, and all the hectic-ness that comes with summer, how am I going to find time to write? (I'm asked this question way too often). So let me tell you how. 
By writing. 
Amazing concept right? 
I think sometimes we forget that everyone has the same amount of hours in the day. It's all about the way you prioritize. Writing is what I do. It's what I love. So it's a natural extension of my day. 
Makes sense. 
On the other hand, I've read some awesome books lately that I fully recommend adding to your TBR. 

 

Hmm, not exactly sure how I ended up reading cooking books back to back, but now I've got myself a whole list of recipes to try out. I'll be posting full reviews for these books in the next few weeks, but for now all you need to know is that they are amazing and you need to read them. I said so.

Well, I'm off to try and make sense of this mess that currently occupies my bedroom. 

Any exciting plans for July? 

Much love, 
Valia 

No comments:

Flickr