"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Catching up....

For someone who said she will take the time to blog more, I’ve been failing miserably. There really is no excuse but I was going to offer up a few anyway. First of all, it was Holiday time. Friends were home for Christmas break, family was randomly showing up, and I was taking a bit of a break. So sue me! I need a little time away from my computer and with actual, real life people. Fresh air does help the brain to function better.  Oh and I told you my best friend and I have a tradition? Well here are our efforts from New Years! 





Pretty awesome wouldn't you say???

Second of all, it was my birthday! (Insert confetti and balloons here) So I decided to give myself a little break, even though the holidays were over. I actually left my house, went, and had some fun! Imagine that? Yes, before you ask, I had a wonderful birthday, thank you! Third of all, I’ve been sick. Again. And then, again. Don’t know why but this winter season really had it in for me. I’m experiencing, probably the tenth, wave right now. Ugh. 
Now that we covered that little bit, let’s talk about something more pleasant. Like, books for example! I will never get tired of talking about books! Well, I’ve been reading a few very goods lately. 


The Poison Eaters by Holly Black. Genius is all I can say!!! 


The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa. I got my hands on the ARC and LOVED IT!!! Congrats to Julie on the official book birthday of The Iron Queen yesterday! Now, everyone go out and get it! 


Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. This book will be published Feb. 15 and I cannot wait for you to read it! I'm still finishing it up and let me just say, a great debut!

I’ll be writing reviews for a bunch of books in the near future so keep checking on my book review blog. 
After all of that ‘catching up’ let me tell you about my own writing. Book #2 is more than on the way! I posted the sneak peak at the beginning of the month and let me tell you it gets better! I’m so excited to share this story with you! Its been a blast writing it. Yes, a hard, time consuming, hair pulling, stuff throwing blast. Once its finished, which is soon, it will be worth it all! Well, I’m off to the magical land of, hmm you don’t get to know that yet ;) 
        And yes, I have finally updated my blog layout. I know its pink, and I know I don't particularly like pink, but its Valentines Day theme and I do write romance. I have to at least try to look the part! :)

So long my dear readers! Go read a book or something! 
Much love,
Valia

1 comment:

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick! It's the worst time of year with sickness. I hope you feel better soon.

And how lucky are you to be able to read these books? I've been dying to get my hands on Angelfire!

Also, I've been bad about blogging, too. Just too many other things to worry about at the moment. Hopefully it'll ease up. Don't worry! Blogging is fun and should be stress free, not a priority!

Flickr