"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Falling by Design (Excerpt #2)

Hello lovelies, 

Can you believe it it's less than TWO WEEKS before Falling by Design is out in the world? Yeah, me neither. In the last teaser, you met Brooklynn and Dakota. Well, today, I bring you Grayson. Are you ready? 


He watches me, his eyes shining in the bright light of the diner. 
I squirm in my seat, unsure what to do with myself. My hands move from my lap to the table and back to the lap again. I shift left then right then left. I'm like a kid at her first adult church service who hasn’t learned how to sit still yet. I'm about to start climbing on chairs or coloring on the table. Grayson continues to stare, his fingers running over the ever present camera, now placed on top of the table, not exactly helping the situation any. Finally, as if unable to help it, he snaps a picture.
"Do you mind?" I hiss across the table, trying to keep my voice down. Grayson blinks at me. 
"Finally, a genuine reaction. I was beginning to think you've sold your heart on the black market." He's baiting me. I can see that plain as day. I should be the mature one and just let it go, but I can't help it. I rise to the challenge. 
"Is that what happened to yours? Did you bargain away your manners and common sense as well?" I take him by surprise with my words and his smirk freezes.


Grayson and Brooklynn ladies and gentlemen. 

12 DAYS and counting!!!! Ah!

Don't forget to add Falling by Design on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20871808-falling-by-design


And if you'd like to pre-order it on Smashwords, you can: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/411119

Much love, 

Valia 

No comments:

Flickr