"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Book Spotlight: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallow


Their love was meant to be.
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRĂ­s.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.
From goodreads.com

Seriously, I don’t even know where to begin. I guess I can sum it up with a few sentences. Carrier is Fabulous. Yes, with a capital F. The characters are fun, real, and intense. Leigh is brilliant. Alright, I’m done.

But seriously. I loved Carrier so very much. The characters in this book have a definite pull to them. Megan is a girl who had a trouble past but she still looks at life through rose colored glasses. When she moves to a new place, she meets people who help her discover a bit about herself. She learns about her destiny, and takes charge of it. Megan is a strong character who doesn’t run away from things she wants. Such as Adam. Oh Adam. Insert swoon fest right there. I swear people need to stop writing all these wonderful guys into my life. He’s a definite pull to the story. He is also not afraid to fight for what he wants and I find that drool worthy in a man. 
I loved Megan and Adam’s relationship. They are pulled together by something outside of their control and yet they make sure that what they have is real. That was a special touch in their relationship that made me sigh more than once. 
Also, I enjoyed all of the characters in the story. Megan’s best friend and her girly problems kept Megan grounded. Then there was Adam’s family who are all very interesting individuals. The whole element of the story was unique and pulled me right in. 
Carrier is a wonderfully written debut. Leigh’s words pull you in from the first pages and keep you addicted for more. Entertaining, intriguing, and passionate Carrier will take you to a world like none before, leaving you breathless. The magic of this book will stay with you long after you read the last page. 
Carrier of the Mark is out October 4th. Get it, read it, love it!!! 


PS. Special thanks to Alex Bennet for sending me the ARC!! *Hugs and kisses* 
PSS. Let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Flickr