"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Buddy Holly... I Want It That Way...MMMBop

(Title courtesy of VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s....Don't judge, I was cleaning at the time)


            So the past week has been a bit crazy. To be honest, I’ve been slacking in everything, including this blog. I know, unforgivable! But before you come at me with pitchforks can I just say that I have a very good excuse? I was at a biker’s bar. Hold it, I will explain.
            Some of you may know that I have a photography business on the side. Well, this weekend, 10.10.10 to be exact, I shot a wedding at a bikers club/bar. I have never done a wedding like this before, so it was a completely unnerving/terrifying experience. While I had no idea what to expect, I was especially surprised by all the love. Ok, I have to confess that I had this image of tough dudes on motorcycles that would have nothing to do with a lowly photographer. Yet these people blew me away by their friendliness! While it was hard to shout over the music, the wedding itself went very well. And look, I’m sharing a few pictures!






Wait, hold it, and put the brakes on. Before we go any farther I just have to say one thing. Hillary Duff wrote a book??? Say what? Now how many of you remember her as Lizzie McGuire, please raise your hand. See, its not just me! This girl can do everything. She sings, acts, helps old ladies across the street, and now writes books??? I feel slightly like a failure. Ok, moment gone. But seriously, I’ve heard so many good things about this book I cant wait to read it!






Now, where was I? Oh yes, biker wedding.  









Let me throw something else out to you. My book is almost halfway finished! I’m so excited! The progress I’ve made in the last few days made me very happy. I don’t even want to think about revising yet, I’m just writing. I cant wait to share this particular story with you!
            Well, I must be off! The magical place that is inside of my computer is calling my name! See you soon!

Much love,

Valia

PS. Have you read any good books lately??? I would love some suggestions!





No comments:

Flickr