"...her secret is patience..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Writing a book.....

IN A MONTH!!!!

I dont know what possessed me to decide to do this. Wait, yes I do! You! You, my dear readers, you possessed me to write this book in a month! Well, maybe not exactly, but pretty close!
Anyway, it is day 16 of my journey and I am losing my mind. I have never before pushed myself to finish a book this fast. I know that most of my favorite authors can whip out a book in a week. Others, 3 to 4 months. Granted, I am not aiming for a fully edited, ready to go manuscript. I want to be able to finish the first draft. Yet, I cannot believe how many obstacles keep coming my way! From work conflicts to sickness, every thing seemed to snowball on me this month. Is it because I set out to do the impossible? Absolutely.
However, you know what the greatest lesson I have learned from this? I am not a quitter. Yes, I knew that from my previous experiences, however, I always considered myself a go with the flow kind of a writer. Yet, here I find myself pushing for the unattainable. Can I do it? I honestly have no idea. What I do know, is that at the end of the 30 days I will be able to look back and say that I did my best. Isnt that all we really can do?
I challenge you, my dearest readers, to find a goal and reach for it. Someone once said, "Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you made it to the stars."
I challenge you, in the next 30 days to shoot for the moon. The stars are really beautiful.

No comments:

Flickr